Earthdance 2017 Event Producer Agreement
This Agreement is between Producer (“You”) and Earthdance International (“ED”), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization administratively based in Weed, California, USA, for the production of a 2017 Earthdance event (“Event”) at the registered location. You have identified yourself and agreed to be a party to this Agreement by completing the 2017 Producer Registration Questions including acceptance of this Agreement and registration fee payment through Eventbrite. ED has accepted this Agreement by transmitting to You an approval email.
The Term of this Agreement is from the date of approval by ED until December 31, 2017.
ED grants to you, for the Term of this Agreement:
- Official Earthdance Event status.
- The right to use the Earthdance brand and trademark in accordance with this Agreement.
- Non-exclusive license to use the Earthdance trademark in conjunction with Your Event. You may not grant any sub-licenses to any third party.
- Use of Producer resources to support the success of Your Event.
You agree to:
- Register Your Event by providing all information requested by the registration form.
- Pay the registration fee to ED applicable for the estimated size and type of Your Event. This donation shall act as a licensing fee for the trademark license granted by this Agreement.
- Participate in the ED Synchronized Global Link-Up, and play the Prayer for Peace music track at at least one of the times noted on the ED website earthdance.org.
- Follow ED brand guidelines in accordance with this Agreement.
- Maintain good and responsive communication with ED international coordinators during the Term of this Agreement.
- Share and participate in promotional and social media messaging supporting the Earthdance movement and brand during the Term of this Agreement.
- Make a post-event donation to ED – the suggested amount is US$1 per ticket sold.
- Donate 50% of net profits to an approved local charity, after production expenses and a typical producer fee.
You further agree to the following:
- The Earthdance name, official logo, tagline (“Global Peace Party”) and website link (www.earthdance.org) must appear prominently in all promotion or marketing for Your Event, and may only be used for that Event.
- Your ED Event name is your city or town name (Example: “Earthdance Cape Town”).
- Graphic modification of the ED logo for use in marketing of Event is allowed with ED’s approval, provided Event name and year are included (Example: “Earthdance London 2017”).
- Use of ED name or logo on Event merchandise must be approved by ED. Other uses of ED name or logo are not allowed, including in the name of any company, organization, product or service.
- You agree to not dispute or contest ED’s exclusive rights and title to the Earthdance trademark, during or after the Term of this Agreement.
- Your Event charity must work in the areas of peace, environment or social justice, and be approved by ED.
- You will complete and return your Post-Event Report to ED by November 1, 2017. You understand you may not be allowed to register for ED 2018 until ED receives the 2017 report.
- You represent that You have the full authority to enter this Agreement, and will comply with all laws and regulations applicable in your location in the production of Your Event.
- You will hold ED harmless against all liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including legal fees, for the breach of the representation and warranties herein; and all claims agains You that may arise out of Your Event production.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California in the United States. You agree that any legal disputes between You and ED will fall under the jurisdiction of the California courts.
- This Agreement constitutes the understanding between us, and any modifications must be made in writing and signed by both ED and You. If any term, provision, covenant or condition of this Agreement is invalid, the remainder of provisions remain in full force and will not be affected.